Happy Tuesday!! I don’t know how it is where you live, but we’ve been starting to get a glimpse of fall around here and I am SO EXCITED! I love fall, I love the crisp weather, apple picking, boots, scarves, and leaves changing color. It’s just the best. I’m sure the heat will make a return for a little while longer, but fall is quickly coming and I can’t wait! For some reason fall makes me extra thankful, perhaps it’s the fact that humidity leaves and with it my heat induced crankiness. Whatever the reason, I’m feeling extra thankful today, so without further ado THANKFUL TUESDAY!
1. Coconut oil- do you know about coconut oil? IT IS MAGIC! Seriously, it does so much. I use it in baking, cooking, dusting, shaving, and for deep conditioning my hair. It’s so multipurpose and it smells like the beach. It’s just so wonderful. Life changed.
2. Coffee- because of the obvious reasons. Do I really need to go into further detail? I don’t think so.
3. Jim Gaffigan- because he’s HILARIOUS! If you haven’t watched him before, go watch him RIGHT NOW. Steve and I watched his latest standup for like the umpteenth time last night and I laughed like a hyena. You can listen to it FO FREE on Spotify, and it’s called Obsessed. Go. NOW.
4. My marriage- because Steve makes me a better person, because being married challenges me and stretches me, because it’s fun and funny, because we get to dream together and work together and encourage each other. Marriage man, it’s tough, but I highly recommend it.
5. Laughter- because it just makes me feel good. It’s so fun to laugh and it just puts me in a great mood. I love to laugh and I love to make other people laugh, and I’m so thankful for the gift of laughing!
6. A counseling appointment tonight/my counselor- because I’m learning so much about myself and others and God and it’s changing me. Slowly but surely I can see and feel the change. Counseling is a gift and I am so so thankful for insurance that covers it!
7. My kitchen- because I love to cook, and I love to bake. One of my favorite things to do is cook a yummy and nutritious meal, whether it’s for Steven or for some friends, either way I love to foster hospitality by providing something yum. My kitchen isn’t just a place where food is made and stored, but instead I see it as a tool for ministering to the people God has blessed me with.
8. Coffee- because it just makes my day better. (yes I know this is the second time it’s on my list)
9. Lavender- because IT SMELLS SO GOOD and also has calming properties that make me feel more zen. I just ordered some lavender essential oil, so I’m pretty darn excited about that.
10. Psalm 139:13-16 (NLT version)- because it’s basically my self esteem anthem right now. Who can doubt themselves when they remember that the creator of the world knit them together in their mother’s womb and made every part of their body? He knows who I am, He knows my name, and He intentionally created me. SO GOOD.
That’s all for this week folks. Now it’s your turn, what are YOU thankful for??