Friends, I’m going to have an honesty moment right here and now with you. I have felt very on edge the past few days. I don’t do very well with the unknown, and I don’t do well with trusting and I don’t do well with faith. Which is leading me to believe that this season I am in is Jesus trying to give me lots of opportunities to trust… and have faith. All I can say to that is oi vey. I’ve already cried in my cubicle… and there are still two more months left until we move… BLESS.
This morning I realized that I needed to fill my brain with verses on God’s faithfulness and trusting Him. The more I read, the lighter I felt. I also started to write down the reasons I am thankful for this season, and as I put things into perspective I felt more at peace. It’s funny how I know the things to do to make me feel better, but my initial reaction is normally to have a pity party and get teary eyed at my desk. Again I say BLESS.
A thankful heart is actually a joyful heart and a trusting heart and a peaceful heart. This is why I give thanks, this is why I publicly give thanks. The more I do it, the more I become the person I’ve always hoped to be. So without further ado, here is this week’s edition of Thankful Tuesday. Today I am thankful for…
1. The bible. This book and the verses inside it have become such a source of encouragement and conviction and support for me, especially today. I am ever aware that this book is living and sharp as a sword. It’s always applicable in my life, always relevant and life changing.
2. The fact that I get to go through this journey with Steven. There is literally noone else in the world I would rather do all of this with. It’s hard but it’s good. There are tears but there is SO MUCH laughter… like so much. It’s so much easier and better to do the hard stuff when you get to do it with someone awesome.
3. Houses for us to look at tomorrow, and an apartment to rent if those don’t work out.
4. Healthy food, i.e. black bean brownies. They are amazing, don’t let the “bean” part throw you off.
5. The gym.
6. Dinner with a friend tonight.
7. My job and my wonderful boss.
8. Being able to watch parts of If:Gathering this past weekend.
9. Trader Joes… because it’s a magical land of food. Amen.
That’s all for this week my friends. Life is equal parts hard and magical. It is filled with sacred moments and moments where I want to sit on the floor and cry. I’m thankful for it all, even the hard stuff.
What are YOU thankful for friends? I really want to know!!!!