As I’ve written before, my word for the year is Grateful. I have been attempting to practice thankfulness with intentionality and consistency so I keep a daily thankfulness journal, I have a thankfulness chalkboard in my kitchen, and I wear a Giving Keys necklace with the word “thankful” engraved on it. I want my life to be one marked by the act of thanksgiving because thankful people are more joyful people. So in an attempt to foster more thankfulness, every Tuesday I’m going to post about the things I am thankful for. I’m borrowing this idea from my friend Chelsea, and if you blog/use social media, I think you should do it too because being thankful literally makes you a happier, stronger and healthier person.
So without further ado, welcome to the first Thankful Tuesday!
Today I am thankful for:
1. Coffee, for all of the obvious reason, especially the one where it turns me into a fully functioning human being.
2. My brother Caleb being born! (Today is his birthday, Happy Birthday bud!)
3. The book Boundaries, by Henry Cloud and John Townsend, because it’s changing the way I view relationships and is really and truly empowering me to make better choices.
4. Psalm 139, because who doesn’t need the reminder that they were knit together by the creator of the world.
5. A husband who will bring my car to the mechanic so that I don’t have to, he’s the best!!
6. On a similar note, a husband who works very hard in the heat and sun to make sure that our yard looks wonderful.
7. Chamomile tea, because it’s instant relaxation in a cup. Bless you whoever discovered chamomile tea, bless you.
8. My job and my awesome boss, because I know I am blessed to have employment that provides for my needs and even some wants, and because I know that some people would love to be able to have a boss like mine.
9. The money to buy groceries that are healthy and nutritious.
10. My church, River Church, because it is becoming home.
11. Having family that live near by, I’m talking to you David and Dee!
12. New friends and old friends that speak truth into my life.
13. Farmers markets
What are you thankful for today? I hope you’ll check back next week for the next round of Thankful Tuesday! 🙂